Google´s war on pro-Palestinian bloggers
A couple of interesting articles on Google´s war on
- Google´s "robots" unmasked
- Is Google Ethnic cleansing the
by Robots"... - link to external article on Internet
Google´s "robots" unmasked
Desertpeace, May 7, 2008
In Googles continuing attempt to silence the pro-Palestinian community on the Blogesphere, they have been claiming that it is Robots that are locking blogs, not actual people. In a post I wrote yesterday I countered that claim with the charge that it is a well organised cell of zionists at work.
That very cell I spoke of now openly confesses and are proud to make Google censor the anti-zionist websites!In addition to illustrating the latest news and events listed on this Israel 60 mother of all blogs, we are optimizing this news and event blog as we do all news and feature content on the Israel News Agency. The Israel 60 Birthday Website will combat Palestine, Iran, Nazi and Syria sites which have started to attack Israels 60th birthday by enjoying a stronger search engine optimization (SEO) marketing and public relations ranking on Google and appearing throughout the Net using all of the tools of Web 2.0.
The above is taken from the official site of The Israeli News Agency. They further state thatA long list of celebrities will be coming to Israel for the Israel 60th birthday anniversary celebrations. They include:[...] , social networking Web site Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, and Google co-founder Sergey Brin.
So was I crying wolf? Was I creating some far fetched conspiracy theory when I made my claim? I think the answer to that is pretty obvious. More on Google censorship can be read in THIS BBC report. A detailed report on how this censorship works is found HERE, a most interesting read.
As I was writing this post, news of Googles latest victim was made public Axis of Logic, another truthspreading medium joins Uruknet in being removed from Googles News links. Just what are they trying to hide? The following is the announcement from their editors.
Axis of Logic Cut Off From Google News
Vincenzo Viscuso, -URUKNET and Axis of Logic
May 6, 2008
Editors Note: Google News has again cut off URUKNET, one of the most reliable and important sources of news on the war in Iraq. Google has systematically and persistently sabotaged revolutionary websites like URUKNET, nor is URUKNET the only victim of their censorship. Axis of Logic has also been cut off from Google News distribution. We support this appeal from URUKNET as we have in the past. Please click on the link provided near the top of the article below to register your complaint. Bombard Google with emails until they reinstate both, URUKNET and Axis of Logic to Google News. Meanwhile, you as a reader can become a distributor of our articles by sending them to the millions in your collective list-serves and email correspondence. Thank you for your important participation to keep the alternative media free of censorship.
See: Censorship of the Alternative Media on the Internet
- Axis of Logic Editors/Publishers
Is Google Ethnic cleansing the Internet?
Desertpeace, May 6, 2008
In the past two days, the same number of pro-Palestinian Blogs were locked by Google . accusing them of being Spam Blogs. They claim it is Robots that are doing the dirty work . I claim it is a very sophisticated, well organised cell of zionists at work.
Robots dont log into Blogs randomly and read entries . as Google has been doing on a number of occasions this week. Googles Blogsite, Blogspot, also insisted late last year that users log in using a gmail.com account . Does this mean they are also logging in to our private emails?
Sunday a Blog that is run by a young Arab Woman was locked. ArabWomanBlues @ Blogspot was just too much for Google to handle. Her beautiful daily selection of artwork was an eyesore to them .
Yesterday it was the turn of one of our resident journalists living in Gaza, Laila El-Haddad, A Mother From Gaza, also at Blogspot. Her writings about her beautiful children were also too much for Google to handle . Palestinian children.
I dont see Google censoring any right wing, white power or zionist blogs. Why is this? What are the anti zionists saying that Google is so afraid of? In February of 2006 Google opened an office in Israel. One really has to wonder if that office is actually the new Head Office of the Corporation.
The hypocrisy displayed by Google is unbelievable. Slightly over a year ago Blogger (Google) chose Lailas Blog as being Noteworthy .
yesterday it was locked. If you go through her archived posts you will see that none of her content changed from then till now . so why this new attitude on Googles part?
The answer is simple . YOUR MIND.
But only you can prevent them from taking that over as well. Dont let them control your thoughts. Dont let them control your Blog.
1) Back up all your material. I learned this the hard way, and if not for my faithful group of friends, I dont know how I would have salvaged almost 4 years of material.
2) Create a mirror blog with a completely different provider. It takes moments to open a new blog, so register your name and convert your content. You never know when you may need it.
3) You CAN still work with your Blogger template, so leave a message for your readers that you have moved. I found this out weeks later, and in the meantime, many readers were disoriented. Two had done an international phone search (unsuccessfully) and in the end reached someone close to me to get the number, because they thought I was dead. Now how is THAT for readership loyalty!
4) If possible, go for private hosting options. This week, Haitham, Gilad and I are going to unveil our newest creation. Not that private hosts are failsafe, but they are certainly not going to be arbitrarily censored by the provider or those who the provider serves.
5) Build and maintain a network community. They will come to your aid when you need it, they will inform others of your tribulations. This means not only that you share readership and exchange tips and material, but you can depend upon them when push comes to shove. I have not been let down by these people, and their generosity and kindness is only equaled by their intelligence. Not only bloggers are part of the community, but commenters and readers.
6) Open a blog or site yourself. The more voices we have out there, the harder it will be to censor us all.
7) Defend the sites under attack, and dont be afraid of not being indexed if you link to a good site. If and when Google dies, another site will come to replace it. There is an alternative to everything, but there is no alternative to the right of freedom of expression of an individual, of the unique character of his or her site, and that is what we MUST defend, in order to support the causes we care about.
As big and powerful as Google is, always remember that the mightiest weapon of all is the pen (in this case the keyboard) . DONT LET THEM TELL YOU WHAT TO WRITE. And more importantly is DONT LET THEM SILENCE YOU.
I have said it before, I will say it again, they can censor me but they cant silence me!
Make that your Mantra!