Zion in Britain
David Cameron, the Conservative Party and
Conservative Friends of Israel
"Join one of the fastest growing political lobby groups"
People tend to vote for the Conservatives on the grounds that they are the party of business and enterprise. They do not vote for them because they are pandering to a war criminal and racist Apartheid state such as Israel.
This article about the Conservative Friends of Israel is based on Wikipedia and the homepage of the organization.
I am proud not just to be a Conservative, but a Conservative Friend of Israel; and I am proud of the key role CFI plays within our Party
- Rt Hon David Cameron MP, Leader of the Conservative Party, at a CFI Annual Business Lunch, Informed (CFI Briefing), February 3, 2006
I was delighted to accept the position of Parliamentary Chairman of Conservative Friends of Israel. CFI is one of the most important and successful groups in the Party.
- Rt Hon James Arbuthnot MP, Parliamentary Chairman of CFI, 2005
"The Jewish Chronicle writes that Tory leader David Cameron praised the contribution Jews have made to the country and have contributed much since returning 350 years ago. At a Board of Deputies' president's dinner, Mr Cameron said he was "particularly attracted by the Jewish concept of mitzvah, a good deed done for its own sake.""
- The Jewish site somethingjewish.co.uk, in the article "Jewish media round-up", by Leslie Bunder, 1/06/2006.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Conservative Friends of Israel is a UK Parliament based campaign group whose aims include strengthening business, cultural and political ties between Britain and Israel and promoting support for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, with Israel...
The Wiki fingers:
- Iain Duncan Smith
- David Cameron
- Michael Howard
- Rt Hon James Arbuthnot
- Baroness Shephard of Northwald
- John Butterfill
- James Clappison
- Timothy Kirkhope
- Nick Hawkins
- David Amess
It does not include Douglas Carswell directly but is mentioned in his own entry.
David Cameron with Israeli war criminal Ehud Olmert
Conservative Friends Of Israel of 2009 claim:
Chairman: Rt Hon James Arbuthnot MP
Vice Chairmen: Sir John Butterfill; James Clappison MP
Secretary: David Amess MP
Officers: Alistair Burt MP; Lee Scott MP; Theresa Villiers MP
Chairman of CFI Europe: Timothy Kirkhope MEP
President: Rt Hon Baroness Shephard of Northwold
Vice Chairmen: Jeremy Galbraith; Betty Geller; Lord Taylor of Holbeach CBE; Stanley Cohen OBE; Michael Heller
Vice Presidents: Rt Hon Sir Timothy Sainsbury; Lord Lane of Horsell; Sir Michael Latham DL; Lord Sanderson of Bowden; The Lord Steinberg; Lord Thomas of Gwydir QC
Richard Harrington (Chairman)
Lance Anisfeld; Lorraine da Costa; Jonathan Gough; Andrew Heller (Hon. Treasurer); Steven Kaye; Edward Lee; Howard Leigh; Stephen Massey; David Meller; Jonathan Metliss; Gary Mond; Stephan Shakespeare; Barry Welck; Hilda Worth
Cover of The Jewish Chronicle, 22/03/2007, headlining its interview with Conservative Party leader David Cameron: "My values are Jewish values"
Conservative Friends Of Israel also tell us of other men who like Israel:
- Edward Garnier QC MP
- Dominic Grieve MP Shadow Attorney General
- Nick Herbert MPShadow Minister for Police Reform
- Shailesh Vara MP Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons
- Philip Davies MP
- Lee Scott MP
- Priti Patel
- Mel Stride.
- Alistair Burt MP
- Jeremy Wright MP
- Joanne Cash (Parliamentary Candidate for Westminster North)
- Mike Freer (Parliamentary Candidate for Finchley and Golders Green)
- Ali Miraj (Former Candidate for Watford)
- Naweed Khan (Deputy Director of Cities and Diversity
- Robert Buckland (South Swindon)
- Richard Cook (East Renfrewshire)
- Penny Mordaunt (Portsmouth North)
- Caroline Nokes (Romsey)
- Paul Offer (City of Chester)
- Christopher Pincher (Tamworth)
- Iain Stewart (Milton Keynes South)
- Maggie Throup (Solihull)
- Marcus Wood (Torbay).
- Richard Cook, Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for East Renfrewshire
- Stephen Crabb MP (Preseli Pembrokeshire)
- David Davies MP (Monmouth)
- Nadine Dorries MP (Mid Bedfordshire)
- Mark Harper MP (Forest of Dean and Shadow Defence Minister)
- Tim Montgomerie
- Robert Halfon
- William Hague
- Keith Simpson
- Lord Ashcroft
- James Clappison MP
- David Burrowes
- Douglas Carswell
- David Gauke
- Adam Holloway
- Brooks Newmark
Conservative Friends of Israel pretend that they are promoting Conservatism. That is what they call it but it actually means promoting Zionists who pretend to be Conservatives. Their homepage tells us:
CFI does magnificent work in supporting many of my parliamentary colleagues and Conservative candidates.
- Rt Hon Patrick McLoughlin MP, Chief Whip, Conservative Party Conference, 3 October 2006
I would like to say a very big thank you to Conservative Friends of Israel, to all of you (the members of CFI) for what you do, both for Israel and the Conservative Party.
- Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Chairman of the Party, 12 July 2006
Bicom chief joins the JLC
The Jewish Chronicle, 03/01/2008
Poju Zabludowicz, the chairman of the pro-Israel advocacy group Bicom, has been appointed to the Jewish Leadership Council.
A key financial backer of Tory leader David Cameron, he pledged a £1 million contribution to Bicom this year.
Mr Zabludowicz becomes the 16th head of a Jewish organisation to join the 25-person council, along with eight others invited in a personal capacity and CEO Jeremy Newmark.